Friday, May 17, 2013

Random



By switching stations on my office desk radio, I can listen to NPR's "Morning Edition" three times in a row.  Which is three times more than necessary, most days.

Email I got from Netflix:  "Has The Queen of Versailles arrived?"  Ha.  Yeah, she's in the bedroom, powdering her wig.

I must have stork legs, or T-Rex arms, or both, because Downward Dog just ain't happening for me.  Pike position is ... not achievable.

Do you ever eat something just so it will be gone and you can't eat it anymore?  Like, say, cake?

Okay, so, a while back, we were talking about names.  Does a name ever get spoiled for you by its owner?  When I was a kid, there was a girl in elementary school named Liz who treated me shabbily.  The name "Liz" is now forever associated with "Jerk" in my mind.

I had to give the kittens their first dose of Coccidiosis meds last night.  It tastes (yes, I tasted it) kind of like melted cookie dough ice cream.  Bianca and Hannah were, like, "YUM!  Overnotes of vanilla with an almond base!  More, please!"  And Smoky and Boots were, like, "Auugggggggggh!  This stuff is POISON!" *spit* *spit* *head shake*    Those boys are SUCH drama queens. 

Oh!  And in other kitten room news, Bianca is limping.  I guess kitten room play got a little rough overnight.  Please send kind thoughts to Bianca's leg.

Sometimes I like tater tots.  Does that make me a weirdo?

Is anyone surprised that Candice won American Idol last night?  Wasn't that, like, a foregone conclusion?




Okay, that's my Random for today.  Feel free to add your own in the comments.










9 comments:

Laura said...

I actually have a piece of cake in the fridge that I am going to eat, just so it cannot tempt me later.

I cannot stand the names Nick and Josh for that reason.

I prefer crispy crowns for the better volume to surface area ratio. If I melt cheese on them I can pass it off as a meal.

Also, I have discovered how to control the weather. If I wear a white shirt and forget my umbrella while doing public errands, it will rain.

James P. said...

Today's post makes me feel that I've stopped next to a bag lady sitting on a bench....and she's fillin' me in on life.

Laura.....You can get away with doing the Tater Tots in the microwave, then melting cheese on them....maybe some bits of bacon.

If you can't keep yourself from eating the last piece of cake, or whatever, spray it with Windex. (And why would a skinny person like Rocky care???)

My husband loved the name Victoria, but all the Vicki's I knew in school (1950's and 1960's) had done time in reform school. So, no dice.

Ginny

James P. said...

What about an update on the numb (bitten) hand?

fmcgmccllc said...

I watched the Queen of Versailles on Netflix, interesting story.

Domestic Kate said...

I feel that way about downward dog when I first do them. In my class we usually do them at the start of class, then we do them as part of flowing series. If we happen to do it again toward the end of class, I can actually do it pretty well. Until then, though, I also feel like T Rex.

Every time I have junk food in the house, I feel that if I can just finish it, that'll be the last time I'll need to eat it forever (or for a long time anyway). So, I plough through some sweet bread and then immediately go buy more :/

Lindsay is the name that I can't stand. Stuck up brats. (Sorry to any nice Lindsays out there)


rockygrace said...

Tater tots with cheese on top ... I never even thought of that ... it's GENIUS, I tell ya!

Hand update: Finally finished the antibiotics this morning. Hand still sore to the touch, but the numb/tingly feeling is getting better. Either that, or I'm getting used to it.

fmcetc., did I mention that the Queen (of Versailles) is actually from my little hometown? I don't know why that fascinates me, but it does.

And Kate, I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles with Downward Dog.

In other exciting weekend news, my glasses broke at 3:55 this afternoon. The eyeglass place closed at 4. Why do my glasses ALWAYS break on the weekend?

James P. said...

Can't you get two pairs of your glasses on some kind of two-for-one deal? What are you doing now? Do you have to trot out the Josie and the Pussycats ones you wore in sixth grade or something until yours are fixed?.............Ginny, who knows zip about yoga but wonders how downward dog differs from bending over to clean out the dang litter box.

rockygrace said...

Ginny, I probably should buy in bulk. and yep, I get out the ol' cats-eyes. That, or wear my contacts.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Albon.. no fun at all :)

I'm so glad that we get to use marquis paste..