Monday, December 03, 2012

Poop. and Puke. and more Poop.

yeah, it was that kind of a weekend.

On Saturday morning, I had to take my three fosters to a rabies vaccination clinic.  The FC was taking four of HER fosters, so there we stood in line, the crazy cat ladies, two people with SEVEN kittens between us.

On the way to the clinic, Moses pooped in his crate.  Super.  On the way back home, he threw up in his crate.  Great.

Although actually, one of the FC's fosters, Miriam, managed to outdo him.  She pooped once and threw up TWICE.  Way to be an overachiever, Miriam.

So!  Moses came home.  Briefly.  You see, my other two fosters, Aaron and Hobo, were adopted on Saturday.  They went with the FC straight from the rabies clinic to their new home.  Where they are doing GREAT.  Go Aaron and Hobo!  The plan was that once Aaron and Hobo were adopted, Moses would go to another foster home, one that had kittens his age, because kittens need to be with kittens.  But there was a respiratory illness making its way through that household, so the FC asked if I could keep Moses for a week, until he could be transported to another foster home with kittens, one further away. Sure, I said.

So Moses came home alone.  And once he discovered that his playmates were no longer there, he was BEREFT.  HEARTBROKEN.  He wandered from room to room, calling out.  He ran excitedly up to my cats, only to sadly discover that they didn't want to play.  He cried.  He howled. 

Oh, it was awful.   He could not be consoled.  So I did the only thing I could think of; I called the foster home where he was supposed to go this next weekend.  "Is there any way," I asked, explaining the situation, "that you could take him a week early?"

"Of course!," the foster mom said.  "Can you bring him here in the morning?"

So I did it. Road trip. And Moses only pooped in the carrier once on the way there.  And now he is with other kittens, not at my lousy house where the only cats are BIG cats.  Have fun with your new playmates, Moses!

I hope he gets better with the car rides as he gets older.  Kitten poop SMELLS.


1 comment:

Hydrangea said...

Nice article and thank your valuable information and I wish you luck