Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hahaha okay, car gods, cut the crap

Last Friday, one of my headlights cut out.  Forty dollars later, I was good to go.

On Saturday, I got rear-ended in traffic.

CUT IT OUT, car gods.  I'm not in the mood for this right now.

I have a leaky water heater.  My front door needs to be replaced.  When my washing machine drains, so does my toilet.  There are about NINE MILLION THINGS that need fixing around my place.  I do not need car problems right now.

Car gods, I JUST SPENT four hundred bucks to fix the radiator hoses.  Followed by three hundred bucks to fix the brakes. 

I HAVE PAID MY CAR GOD DUES.  Leave me alone now.

Please?  Thank you.

3 comments:

the queen said...

One time I got a radiator and then two weeks later I ran over a skeet launcher in the road and destroyed my new radiator. The car gods laughed.

~~Silk said...

Some cars are just jinxed. I had a little ice blue Karmann Ghia that I loved. In two years, it got badly hit four times, three times when it was quietly legally parked, and once when it was stopped at a light, hit by a guy who was so drunk the cops said he shouldn't have been conscious. It just attracted trouble. The VW salesman said, "Ya think it might be the color?"

I gave up.

I traded it in for a used yellow Karmann Ghia convertible, who had no problems for three years.

Some are just jinxed.

[Ha! My verification word is "72 rareache", like "rare ache"!]

rockygrace said...

queen, I think I would cry if that happened to me. Cry, or destroy something.

and ~~Silk, yeah, some cars just have a dark cloud hanging over them. And I've owned most of them.