Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Oh, the weather outside is frightful

Actually, no.  It's gorgeous.

The snow started around three-thirty this afternoon, and it's supposed to come down right until morning.

The first winter I was here, I took this photo out my front door during a snowstorm one night.  The scene is much the same tonight:



Right now, the cats are pissed off and fighting amongst themselves because I won't let them outside.  Tough titty, kitties.  I'm  not letting any of you out into a snowstorm.  Use the litterboxes; that's what they're there for.  Tomorrow morning, as I shovel and shovel and SHOVEL, and then shower, get dressed, and drive on slippery roads to work, I'll be cursing this snow.

But this moment, it's beautiful.

4 comments:

Domestic Kate said...

i love that moment late at night or early morning before people are up, there's a blanket of snow on the ground, and it's completely silent. It's just too bad that moment doesn't last long before the snow is muddy and black.

rockygrace said...

Kate, it was really cool this morning to see all the little animal tracks in my yard.

rockygrace said...

p.s. Kate, I sent you a Christmas card but it came back "return to sender - unable to forward". I guess I don't have your current address - sorry. :(

Domestic Kate said...

Oh no! That was nice of you to think of me, though. I'll send you my current address.