Saturday, November 10, 2012

Two! Two! Two!

We adopted out two! cats! at our adoption event today.

Which may not sound like much, but I am jazzed, because despite the presence of a cage full of teeny-tinys, the two who were adopted were teenagers, i.e., in the six-month age range. 

And!  One was a tabby and one was a black cat, the two "color schemes" who are slowest to get adopted.

Fastest?  White.  Followed by orange.  Followed by calico.

So!  Two cats, going to their loving homes tomorrow. (We don't do "same-day" or "drive-thru" adoptions.  We do a one-day wait and a home visit, just to make sure, dontcha know.)

Lilly and Wilma, I am excited for you both.  Have great lives!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!

- bridgett

rockygrace said...

bridgett, it's all about lowered expectations. Ha.

I've never worked so hard for so little, and I've never gotten so much satisfaction out of the results. Go figure.

I drove a hundred miles today, got pooped on (repeatedly) by one of the teeny-tinys, and viewed more cell-phone-cat-pics than I can even count.

And it was a great, great day.

Two!

I'm going to bed.