Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I am a good Doo-Bee

Yesterday, I went to the DMV and renewed my driver's license.  This morning, I got my flu shot. And it hurt like hell.  And I will tell you what, always bring a book with you to the doctor's office, because is there anything more typhoid-laden than waiting-room magazines?  I doubt it.  But anyway, I am checking sh*t off my to-do list like a MACHINE, I tell ya.

I'll let you know when I finally get around to scrubbing the bathtub.  It's starting to skeeve even ME out.

In other random news, I had a dream (I KNOW, I KNOW) the other night that I was an investigative journalist embedded in the Duggar clan.  Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa.  My big scoop was that Michelle Duggar is able to get a good night's sleep because she puts the littles into their car seats and then flips them upside down so they sleep upside down, like bats.  Evidently it works like a charm.  In my dreams.  Oh! And last night I had a dream (SHUT IT) that Little Girl came back!  It was awesome.

Tonight, I have to prepare a pickle-and-olive tray (EWW EWW I know it's GROSS but that's what was requested of me EWW) to take to Thanksgiving Dinner.  I plan on also taking some deviled eggs (YUM) to counteract the olive nastiness.

Oh!  And for the first time ever, I will visit a retail establishment on Black Friday. I will be volunteering at the adoption center (which is inside a retail establishment, so it totally counts) for a few hours.   I'll get to see the madness close up.  While being able to retreat into the adoption center if sh*t starts hitting the fan.  Although I'll be at a pet store, not the electronics aisle of Walmart, so things probably won't get too crazy.  Damn it.

This morning I saw a pheasant - a PHEASANT! - in the backyard.  Coooooooool.
Let's see.  Thanksgiving.  Hmmm, looking back, LAST Thanksgiving weekend, I had a tooth go south on me, which ended up needing a two-grand root canal.  (*sob*)  Yeah, Thanksgiving's not as much fun when you can't CHEW.  I will tell you what, when I called the dentist's office the following Monday morning and they said they could fit me right in, I practically SOBBED, I was so thankful.  Ha!  Giving thanks.  So THIS Thanksgiving, I am thankful that I am not in pain.  I am thankful for my three boys, and for the three little fosters in the spare room.  I am thankful to be here.

Okay, guys, spill it.  What are your Thanksgiving plans?  What are you thankful for, this Thanksgiving?


8 comments:

Becs said...

I'm going to Little India, which will be open and swinging. I'm going to have a big lunch, get my face threaded, and then top it all off with a sweet lassi (if it's warm) or a masala chai ( if it's cold). And I am very much looking forward to it.

Oh, and I'll probably go see a movie.

Domestic Kate said...

A friend invited the bf and me over for dinner, so that's the plan for tomorrow. Nice and simple. BTW, I love olives! Especially spicy ones. I like pickles too, but I've never heard of a pickle tray before. Oh well. Clearly, you and I have different taste buds--I'll take olives and Whoppers any day.

I'm thankful for my patient and forgiving boyfriend. He really must be a saint to put up with me. I'm also thankful for my kitty who has apparently reached the age of being called "mature" by the vet. Since when??

rockygrace said...

Becs, we'll need a movie review. Your plans sound much better than mine.

and Kate, I bought some - hang on and let me grab the jar to check the spelling - giardiniera, just to spice up the disgusting pickle tray. And did you have to bring up Whoppers (candy)? I thought I had erased them from my mind.

The first time my vet called Rocky a "senior cat" (he was eight at the time), *I* was insulted.

Have a good day, guys. Don't get into any fistfights, and all will be well.

anybody else? What's your plans? Do they involve pickle trays?

Birdie said...

When I was reading your post I misread it and I thought you had actually watched a show and MD actually hung her kids upside down. ha!

In Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving in October. :-)

fmcgmccllc said...

Making a tomato pie to take to my mother-in-laws. It will not be fun but it is something that must be done. Karma and all that. Love pickles, olives and devilled eggs.

rockygrace said...

Birdie, you're way ahead of us.

and fmcetc., what's a tomato pie?

fmcgmccllc said...

It is a savory treat my husband loves, one crust with carmelized onions then the prepared tomato then basil then a topping of mayo and tabasco and gruyere and monterey jack-if you like cooked onions and tomato and cheese this is your dish. I hate it except for the cheese. Sorry for the hasty post and errors we are almost on our way to grandma's house.

rockygrace said...

fmcetc., thanks for taking the time to explain.

I hope everybody had a happy Thanksgiving. I had two Manhattans with my t-day dinner, and that helped the whole holiday-with-family thing considerably. :)