Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A better class of beater

I called the garage this morning.  I did not swear, or rant, or rave.  I laughed.

I think they've driven me insane.

I am currently tooling around in a 2007 Saturn, which is better than the old Malibu I had last time, and MUCH better than the 1992 Buick I was originally given.  Although honestly I didn't know they were even still MAKING Saturns in 2007.

Eventually, I will have driven every car they have.

I spent a good deal of time with a mechanic this morning, explaining, IN GREAT DETAIL, where the car was dripping fluid and how much it was going through and how I could SMELL the antifreeze whenever I stopped the car and blahblahblah and I did not react with FURIOUS ANGER even though I really wanted to.

I save that for here.

And I promise there will be no more car talk.  I am starting to lose sleep over this whole thing, and while there are a lot of things that are worth losing sleep over, a 2008 Kia is not one of them.  I told the garage that I'll buy a case of beer for whoever finds the leak, and I'm leaving it at that.

So!  Seen any good movies lately?

5 comments:

~~Silk said...

The case of beer to the lea finder is a great idea! Give them a challenge.

~~Silk said...

Leak! not lea...

Becs said...

Saw "Skyfall" on Sunday. Good Bond flick. Intend to spend most of next week in movie theaters. I'll report my findings.

fmcgmccllc said...

Ah, the case of beer challenge. I have furnished many a case to get things done. I don't want to pile on but that is a lot of money and work on a 4 year old car.

I only Netflix and have seen nothing worth talking about.

rockygrace said...

~~Silk, I like the idea of being a lea finder. Out looking for meadows ...

Becs, give us your movie reviews!

and fmcetc., yeah, four years old, sixty-eight thousand miles, and the damn thing's falling apart.

And I had to rethink the whole case-of-beer thing. One of the mechanics looking at the car yesterday looked like he was about twelve. The last thing I need to do is make the local paper for supplying alchohol to minors, so I'm gonna just give the winner twenty bucks. The kid can go buy his OWN beer. Ha.