Friday, November 16, 2012

Company's coming

I've cleaned out the spare bedroom.  I moved the houseplants into another room; I bought more baby wipes to replace the ones that had dried out since my last young visitors were here.

Tonight, I'll re-hang the spare room screen door.  I'll spend some quality time with my boys, possibly the last quiet time we'll have for a little bit, because tomorrow?

Kittens are coming.

I KNOW.  I am CRAZY.

My last foster experience, Wanders, did not go so well.  She was unhappy, and my boys were unhappy, probably because she was very aggressive toward them.  They don't like getting beat up; go figure.  I think some little kittens, full of energy but not malice, will be more their speed.  Lord knows my boys love to play.

For whatever reason, our rescue is experiencing a late-season kitten boom.  In addition to several teenagers, we also have some teeny-tinies, and four MORE wee ones came into care over the past weekend.

One foster home currently has waaaaay too many kittens in it, and so? I caved.

Kittens are coming!

Pony, Soda and Tinks, I'm counting on YOU to teach the new kids some manners.  And to play with them, of course.  I'll handle the food and litter end of things. 

Kittens are coming!  Time to batten down the hatches.

No comments: