Monday, November 26, 2012

Check you-know-what

Ha.

That was on my to-do list for this past weekend - "Check you-know-what".  "You-know-what" being the car's antifreeze.

I got the car back a couple of weeks ago, after the THIRD trip to the garage (or was it the fourth?) to try to stop the antifreeze leak.  It wasn't dripping on the garage floor anymore, and I wasn't SMELLING antifreeze anymore, but I knew it was time to check the level in the reservoir, just to make sure, and to tell you the truth?

I was afraid to do it.

Because I knew that if that fluid level was low, AGAIN, I was going to lose my ever-lovin' mind.  AGAIN.  And while I was trying to steel myself for bad news, maaaaaaan, I did not want to pop that hood.

Sh*t, I couldn't even write the words on my to-do list.  "Check you-know-what".  Oh dear lord.

So it was with GREAT TREPIDATION that I went out to the garage yesterday morning, flipped on the overhead lights, popped ... the ... hood ..., and

the fluid level was FINE.  Right where it's supposed to be.

WHEW.  The mysterious case of the drippy antifreeze is finally OVER.

Thank goodness.

No comments: