Thursday, September 06, 2012

Guess who's coming to dinner?

TEXAS!! My sister Texas, that's who!

She's jetting across the country as we speak, and will be here in time for supper tonight.

Granted, it's for a sad reason - the memorial service for our sister-in-law - but gosh, it'll be good to see her. I haven't seen her in four years - not since 2008, when I went down to visit her.

And I am fascinated to see how the cats react to another person in the house. I'm pretty sure that Ponyboy and Sodapop will be okay, because they grew up in a hectic household, and they are pretty good with my neighbors. Well, they're not exactly friendly, they're more like cautious, but I'm sure they'll be down with Texas.

Tinks, on the other hand? Tinks, who runs in abject terror from anyone who tries to get near him (except for me, and sometimes including me)? Tinks ... is gonna be an experience. But you know what? He needs to get exposed to other people. He needs to learn that not everyone is out to get him. Because if anything ever happens to me, and the cats need to find new homes (yes, this situation has been provided for, but still - you never know what could happen after you're gone) - a cat like him, a cat who is afraid of people, is not easy to find a home for. So I'm hoping to use this experience of Texas' visit as a leetle learning experience for Mr. Tinks.

So! Welcome, Texas! We can't wait to see you!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sidney Poitier?

-Bridgett

rockygrace said...

Ha, Bridgett, check it out - you time-traveled! We'll keep it our little secret.

Laura said...

Well-played, Bridgett.