Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Chapter Twenty-Three, in which I censor my purse


So, I found this faaaaaaaabulous handbag at the thrift store the other day:

You can't really tell from the pic, but it's got all kinds of beadwork and sequins and other tacky crap.  And a naked lady statue!  So of course I had to buy it.

But the more I got looking at the statue, the naked-lady-with-naked-baybee statue, the more I started to wonder if the purse might be ... offensive to some people.  Maybe they don't WANT to have to stare at naked lady while standing in line behind me at Walmart.  What if a little kid sees naked lady and starts asking ... questions?  THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

So, I did the only thing I could do.  I got out a Sharpie marker and I went to town.




There.  Suitably attired.  Now I don't have to worry about catching a bunch of sh*t from some bluehair at Kohl's who's offended by my purse.

Ha!  Me and my offensive purse.  Now I wish I'd left her naked.

5 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

Aww, I liked the nakies better.

~~Silk said...

A 1950's bathing suit!

Is it just the lighting, or did you remove some bling, too?

I like the bag. I'd be tempted to add more embroidery, more beads and sequins, put some snaps on so I could make some seasonal clothes for the lady and snap them on and off. Oh good grief - now I have an urge to make a "paper doll" tote bag.

rockygrace said...

fmc, me too.

And ~~Silk, the purse actually has the same image on both sides - one side is blinged, and the other isn't. The first pic is Side A, and the second is Side B, so to speak.

and I love the idea of putting clothes on her - maybe I'll take the robe from one of my Infants of Prague and sew it on ... Now you're giving me ideas!

James P. said...

This is hysterical, except that YOU RUINED A PERFECTLY CLASSY PURSE!! (Note to self: To avoid supreme embarrassment, never, ever go shopping with Rocky.) I can just hear the people who work in those places, "Here she comes! Go get that moose head with the glitter on the antlers!".....Ginny

rockygrace said...

Come shopping with me, Ginny! It'll be fuuuuuuuuun.