Tuesday, March 01, 2011

This is why I have a headache

Okay, first off, scroll down to the previous post if you wanna dish about Charlie Sheen. Come on, you KNOW you wanna.

Moving on:

So! I'm reading the local paper this morning and there's this article about how the Social Security withholding rate has decreased by 2%, from 6.2% to 4.2%.

Which is kind of interesting for a couple of different reasons.

1. I do the payroll for my company. The IRS and the SSA have my name, my phone number, my e-mail address, my mailing address and my fax machine number. And yet NO ONE bothered to inform me of this tax cut. I had to READ ABOUT IT IN THE PAPER*. Oh sure, when I went back through the myriad reams of paperwork the government DOES send me, I found a mention of this cut buried on the bottom of a page, but COME ON. A little notification, here.

2. WTF? Social Security is going broke, we're told. Don't count on it, we're told. So WHY ARE THEY CUTTING THE WITHHOLDING RATE?

Ow. Excuse me while I go take some Advil.






*Archaic form of information, my ass.

No comments: