Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My new lamp - let me show you it




Is pretty, no? This is the one that my downstairs neighbor held hostage in his apartment for two days.

I'm more than a little embarrassed to admit that this lamp cost me six times what my kitchen table cost me, but it's beauuuuuutiful! And it's the first thing I've bought "new" for my apartment in a long, long time. Innernet, you done good by me.

I felt a little bit guilty about this purchase, as I am saving up for a house, but every once in a while something's gotta give. I got out my passbook the other day, and I've been scrimping and saving for two years now. And I keep socking away money in the house account, little by little, and I am inching closer all the time to the mythical 20%-down-payment figure. It's in my reach! I'm almost there! So ......... close ........... Now I just need to find a house to buy ........ Somewheeerrrrrre out therrrrrrre .............
Oops, sorry! Got a little bit off topic there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty indeed. Lamps can get expensive. Not sure why. I'm sort of looking for a bedside table lamp for reading. I'm thinking of becoming one of those people who reads before bed. At any rate, congrats on almost being there with the money. The right house will come along.

Unknown said...

One of the first new things I bought for my house was a Tiffany knock-off. I was so proud of it that I thought I would never get tired of looking at it. Now, though, it's stuck in a room with a lot of kid junk waiting to be excavated once all the Legos go to the attic to await the arrival of grandkids.

rockygrace said...

You know, the lamp itself was only (!) a hundred bucks, but the shipping and the tax jacked the price up, and I couldn't find anything similar locally, and (insert another random justification here.)

And Bridgett, I'm glad I'm not the only one with an affinity for imitation Tiffany. If you're tired of yours, I'd be glad to take it off your hands .... :)

Unknown said...

Naw, it has too much sentimental value to hock. Unless, of course, my husband loses his job. Then it can be yours...if the price is right, as they say on CBS.