Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hell, just give me the gun .......

...... and I'll do it myself.

We are on Day 6 now of the Cold from Hell. I started feeling punky last Thursday and it spiraled down from there. I've taken enough Sudafed to power a nuclear reactor (am I the only one who gets jittery on Sudafed? It's like a serious caffeine buzz on top of your illness, which is not awesome, but it's the only thing that'll cut the symptoms for me) and still I am sick as a damn dog. I'm pretty healthy in general and usually only get SICK-sick once every few years, so you'd better believe the drama is cranked full blast. Woooooe is meeeeee.

The only thing that really makes me feel better when I am sick is chocolate milk, which is pretty odd, because I usually don't drink milk at all. But anyway, chocolate milk it is, and imagine my displeasure this morning when I opened up a carton, took a great big swig, and discovered that the milk was SOUR. Oh yeah, drinking sour damn milk when you're already sick is a ticket to hell, for sure.

Back soon, unless this damn cold actually KILLS me, in which case it's been nice knowin' ya.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, that sucks. Get some fresh chocolate milk and an electric blanket and chill with the cats tonight.

Anonymous said...

Far be it from me to tell you to avoid what makes you feel better, but I've heard milk and other dairy have a way of making people more mucous-y.

When I have a cold, I always go for donuts and stuff that's hugely fattening and sugary. That's not exactly helpful. I suppose it's because I can't taste much except what's loaded with calories.

rockygrace said...

I know that milk's not good for a cold, but it's the only thing that tastes good to me. And I hear you on the sugary stuff - I give myself an "eat whatever you want" pass when I'm sick.

rockygrace said...

Of course, everything tastes "off" when I'm sick, so I usually end up losing weight anyway. :(

Anonymous said...

I give myself the same pass. Once, a friend of mine got really sick and her doctor told her to stop trying to eat "healthy" and just eat what sounds good at the time (so she wouldn't eat something and barf it up). Since then, I've always stuck by that rule when I'm sick.

And holy cow, I can't believe I used the common "donuts" instead of "doughnuts"! I never do that!