Friday, December 05, 2008

Whooaaaa.......

So yesterday morning I wrote a post about poverty (see below), and when I got home from work last night, there was a sign on the downstairs neighbor's door. It was an eviction notice. The last time he'd paid the rent was in September.


Updated to add: And yes, I am ready to put my money where my mouth is and see if this guy needs some help. But here's the thing: He doesn't know that I saw the eviction notice*. (He wasn't home at the time.) So will it be weird when I ask him if there's anything I can do for him? Should I just put an anonymous card with some money in it in his door?



* no, I was not snooping. I have to walk past his door to get to my place, and the notice was in GREAT BIG LETTERS.

2 comments:

Danger said...

Personally, I would go with cash and an anonymous note to circumvent his refusal. Good luck!

rockygrace said...

Yeah, I really don't want to embarrass the guy (like I said, he doesn't know that I know that he's being evicted). Cash in a card it is!


p.s. Is there any kind of "virtual change jar" for your brother? I'd like to help out there, too.