Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas, 1966



That's me in the front. Check out my haircut - can you tell that Dad really, really wanted another boy? Nice sideburns, for Pete's sake! That's my Dad kneeling behind me - he was the present giver-outer. And with six kids, that could take a long time. Oh, and my Dad always wore those plaid shirts - always. No solid colors for him! And that's my brother in the back - nice widow's peak, bro! I think he actually has more hair now, forty years later, than he had back then.

Thanks, everybody, for reading all my stuff this past year - it still amazes me that anybody actually reads this blog, and it's the best Christmas gift I could hope for.

Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Danger said...

My dad always wears plaid shirts with two breast pockets- one will not suffice. Maybe it's a generational thing? My dad was born in 1929, what about yours?

listie said...

Merry Christmas, Rocky!

rockygrace said...

Danger, my Dad was born in 1923, and yes, there HAD to be two pockets! Two-pocketed plaid shirts got harder and harder to find as time went on.

And thanks, Listie! Merry Christmas to you as well! Your sugar cookie recipe is excellent!

rockygrace said...

Merry Christmas, Bridgett!

Anonymous said...

Belated merry Christmas!

And to think, I'd love to have that haircut (minus the sideburns?) now.

rockygrace said...

Merry Christmas, Kitkat!