Monday, December 15, 2008

(More) Gratuitous Cute Kitten Pics

Last Thursday night, we got our first appreciable snowfall of the season. So when I let the cats outside on Friday after work, I kind of wondered what their reaction would be, as this was their first snow ever. Little Girl, being the more sensible of the two, took a couple of steps into the snow, then decided that the porch was the place for her. The Runt went flying out into the backyard, skidded to a halt, and then tiptoed around for a little bit.


By Saturday afternoon, they were both running around in the snow, coming inside periodically to warm up.
I have a feeling that this tree may be on the floor by the time I get home from work today:



Here's The Runt, being tutored by Little Girl in ornament destruction tactics:



And yes, I went ahead and set up (a part of) the creche:
Pretend not to notice the suspiciously brown needles on the tree, ok? (Have I got a story for you.......)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cats are too cute. It's like they're thinking, "A tree inside?? What a fantastic idea!" Our cats have stayed away from the tree this year (mostly). I think it's because the tree is in a room that we don't really use. They like to be where the people are.

rockygrace said...

I debated whether to even TRY to put up a tree this year, but the cats have been really good about it. Although I do keep finding the candy cane decorations in mysterious places through the house.

baseballmom said...

Awww, they're so cute! Their markings are beautiful. Our dogs brush by the tree, especially Candy on her way to chase her 'puppy' (her toys are all puppies), and practically knock it over.