Monday, March 17, 2008

Not the Sharpest Tool in the Shed

So, I got the fish tank all set up and went to the pet store to get some fish. I picked out the kind I wanted, the girl working the tanks asked how many, and I said, "two".

She asked if I cared if they were male or female. I was looking at the tank set-ups, so I just said "no" over my shoulder. Then I thought about it, and said, "...... well, if I get a boy and a girl, they'll have babies, right?"

Bless her, she did not laugh. She just said, "Well, yeah, that's the way it usually works".

So I said, "Ok, I'll take two males or two females, whichever you net out first".

So I went home with two females.

It wasn't until I woke up this morning that it struck me: They could already be pregnant.

Looks like the store clerk got the last laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have a tank-full in no time at all!!

rockygrace said...

That's what I'm afraid of!