Monday, March 31, 2008

Living in the Twilight Zone

So! On Friday, the work week was finally over, so I got home, kicked back, and relaxed.

And then the phone rang.

It was my niece, who was staying with my mom while my sister TIB was out of town. My niece explained that my mom had been trying to call me, but "was having some problems with the phone", so my niece volunteered to dial my number, and put my mom on the line.

Mom was, to say the least, confused. She wasn't sure who she was talking to, she wasn't sure where she was, and she kept talking about how Christmas was coming soon. But hey, she's still a very pleasant person, and it's always good to talk to her, if a bit confusing.

I got off the phone with mom, and the phone rang again. And it was Jabba the Hutt, from downstairs. Jabba who drives me crazy with his LOUD LOUD NOISE.


Jabba, speaking VERY LOUD: "I wanted to offer my condolences on the death of your son".

Me: (?)

Me: "Um, thanks, Jabba, but I don't have a son. I don't have any children".

Jabba: "You don't? P. told me that your son died."

(Note to Self: Kill P. the next time I see him.)

Me: "No, Jabba, I don't have a son. My cat, Rocky, passed away - is that what you're thinking of?. Maybe you misunderstood what P. said."

So we finally got things straightened up, sorta, and I got off the phone, and I unplugged it for the rest of the night.

My life just keeps getting stranger. Saturday night, one of my fish died. I swear, one minute it was swimming around the tank, and the next time I looked over, it was dead on the gravel. Sheesh. I'm beginning to feel like the Black Death, or something.

No comments: