Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mmmmm ...... doughnuts: The Saga Continues

There's a big meeting in the office this morning, so yesterday the Boss asked me to stop on my way in this morning and pick up a dozen doughnuts. Or, more accurately, the Boss asked me to pick up doughnuts, then added, "if you don't mind".

Mind?! Would I "mind" picking up doughnuts?? If you read this blog regularly, you know that I am currently obsessed with doughnuts, so picking up doughnuts on my way in is noooo problem. Then the Boss said, "Oh, that's ok, I'll stop and pick up the doughnuts". OK, Boss, that's fine. Then, a little while later, he said "So, are you going to pick up the doughnuts or am I?" And it went on in this vein basically all day long. Looks like I'm not the only one with a doughnut obsession.

As I was leaving work last night, I asked the Boss if I should pick up the doughnuts. And he said, "Yes, but don't get any of those frosted ones. Just get some regular doughnuts - you know, the glazed ones. Oh, and a couple of the apple spice ones. And maybe a blueberry and a couple of those jelly filled ........." Doughnut micromanagement at its finest. Yep, I'm not the only one with a doughnut problem.

SO, I picked up the doughnuts this morning, and of COURSE I got some of the frosted ones, because THEY'RE THE BEST KIND. The more crap spread on top of a doughnut and injected inside it, the better. Doughnut nirvana, coming right up!

Here is a little confession: I hoard office doughnuts. That's right, after the meeting is over, as I am putting the doughnuts into zip-locks to keep them fresh for later office consumption, I will sneak a couple into a separate baggie and hide them in my desk. They're MINE, I tell you! ALL MINE! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! Oh, I'm bad, all right.

Oh! And just when I thought the soft-serve ice cream season was wrapping up for the year, I made the startling discovery that Wendy's now serves vanilla Frostys! Which are basically soft-serve vanilla ice cream!! Folks, when did this happen?

I'm afraid all is now lost on the totally-useless-calorie front.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you - the more icing on the top and cream/custard on the inside the better. I {heart} donuts, too :)

rockygrace said...

At least I'm not the only one ....

Anonymous said...

I love jelly filled. I hope you got some of those too. My kids have participated in the Krispy Creme fundraisers before so I have a wallet full of Krispy Kreme cards that allow you to buy a dozen and get a dozen glazed free. Talk about donut Heaven!

rockygrace said...

Yep, jelly filled represented a full 33% of the doughnut order. I'm glad to find another yet doughnut fanatic!

BTW, I was so full of doughnuts yesterday that I couldn't eat any dinner. I think I better rein it in a little today .....

Poetry Echoes said...

McFlurry! McFlurry! (When and if Wendy's vanilla frosty machine is broken. Or something.)