Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I Wish She Hadn't Used The Nail Gun

I am feeling all virtuous inside, because I got my flu shot a couple of hours ago. I get a flu shot every year, because even though I am not in any of the high-risk groups, the last time I came down with the flu I thought I was going to die. Seriously. I missed an entire week of work, and most of that week I do not even remember, and the part that I do remember was not pleasant. Being seriously ill (as in, I-can't-walk-to-the-bathroom-so-I-guess-I'll-have-to-crawl) is kind of scary when you live alone. What if I die, and by the time someone finds me, the cat has eaten my fingers off? Gruesome, huh? So I get a flu shot every year. Unless, of course, it is a year with a flu shot shortage, and then I give up my turn. Because I'm generous like that. Snort.

Anyway, right now my arm is hurting like hell from the shot. And I have a theory: That the person administering the shot is able to control how much it is going to hurt. So, if the nurse is having a bad day, or just doesn't like your looks, you're in for it. Maybe this nurse did not like my fake fur coat.

Nurse? I SWEAR that coat is fake fur! NOT REAL FUR! I mean, just look at it! No animal in nature has fur patterned like that! I DO NOT WEAR FUR! Owwwwww.....

Similarly, because I am on Depo, I have to get a Depo shot every three months. And usually, there's just a little residual soreness. But one time? I ended up with a bruise the size of a softball. I'm not kidding.

So, what do you think? Do the nurses do it on purpose? By the way, if they do, I think it's kind of awesome.

No comments: