Monday, October 31, 2016

Another spay/neuter road trip!


I was determined to get some hiking in on Saturday, but first, I had to get up at dark o'clock to transport cats to CNY SNAP for spaying and neutering.

Here are my fellow volunteers for the day:






I don't know how they do it - it's HARD to be smiley at six-thirty in the morning!

By the time we got to the clinic, at least it was light out for the unloading:



We got all of the eleven cats through intake and were back on the road by eight-thirty. 


After a stop for breakfast, I was home by ten-thirty and ready to hike.  What's that old saying?  "I can sleep when I'm dead?"  Yeah, pretty much.  Ha.




3 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I'm not even cheery at dark o'clock when someone wakes me up and gives me food.. Those are some very special people!

James P. said...

I have to wonder whether the police ever try to investigate your suspicious activities in the dark parking lot........and feel obligated to search a vehicle full of angry kitties. I want to read their written report.

Are you still bottle feeding teeny ones??

rockygrace said...

Tails, yep, I'm not a morning person, either.

and Ginny, you would be surprised at the amount of activity in that parking lot at dark a.m. It's right off the highway, so it must be a popular meet-up spot.

and nope, the bottle-feeding was a one-day-only event. THANK GOD. But thanks for reminding me - I've got to put up some pics of the littles!