Tuesday, September 06, 2016

The weekend



Let's see ... On Friday night, an acquaintance of mine brought over ALL KINDS of supplies for the kittens of Foster Camp.  Yay!  Thank you, Gwenne!






On Saturday, the kittens and I were at an adoption event for the rescue for which I am now volunteering.


















Predictably, Firecracker (the kitten formerly known as Pretty Pretty Princess) was the star of the show, and he will probably be leaving Foster Camp this week to go to his new home.  Yippee!  Also on Saturday, I learned how to give vaccinations.  Yep, the rescue is entrusting me with sharp objects.  Do they know what they're doing?  Ha.

On Sunday, it was time to do a little paddling.



And yesterday?  It was back to the Fair, of course!  My friend Laurie and I shared a pizza fritte as big as a basketball.  Well, a DEFLATED basketball. (Yes, I took a pic of my food.  SHUT IT.)  We also had a Cuban sandwich, which was ... interesting.  Hmm.



And oh no!  Disaster had stricken!  Since the last time we were there, someone had kicked in Justin Bieber's HEAD on the sand sculpture!  HAHAHAHAHAHA


The Fair was really, REALLY crowded, as it was the last day (it was just me, my friend, and one hundred and eighteen THOUSAND other people, yikes), and the trip home on the interstate was ... interesting, but I'm still glad I went back for another day.

And there's still lots of summer left!    Bring it on.  :)







2 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

YAY Gwenne!

giving vaccines.. impressive :)

rockygrace said...

Tails, the woman who runs the rescue showed me how ... and then I was lucky enough to have a friend of mine who is a former vet tech come to the house and watch me do the first round and give me some tips. Now I have mad vaccination skillz! Ha.