Friday, September 02, 2016

Kittens! Getcher kittens here!



Yes, Rosalita and the crew of nine are still chillin' at Foster Camp.  The rescue is experiencing a backup at its main facility due to kitten overload, so I'll probably have these guys a while longer. 

 "Laydee, I'm booorrrrred"


I've been rotating toys in and out of the room, to keep everybody engaged.

Crickets are always a big hit:





And kittens sure are good at getting into mischief.




"Hey guys, the food truck is here!"




And mama Rosa will just be glad when the nursing is over.


I am taking most of the gang to an adoption event tomorrow,  although since this rescue doesn't do same-day adoptions (which is a GOOD thing; "impulse" adoptions almost never work out), everybody will be coming back home with me.

That's okay; I'm enjoying the company of this cute and crazy crew.


5 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

My Zoey cat loves her Yellow raincoat chase the tail toy. Sometimes I spray it with a little catnip spray and she is in love.

James P. said...

I personally think you should look at the pictures of the kitties playing in the boxes and finish this sentence: "I buy actual toys for the cats because.............."

I would have a real problem at the adoption events, even though adoption IS the goal. Couldn't stand OTHER PEOPLE putting their mitts on MY kitties that I raised. But.....here's a promotion angle.........."Back-2-School Kittens"!!!!

rockygrace said...

fmcetc., spraying catnip on the toy is a great idea! I love it!

and Ginny, yeah, sometimes I wonder about the whole "buying toys" thing ... ha.

And I like the idea of a back-to-school adoption event! Now if we could just get the local schools to put "kittens" on the supply lists they hand out ... :)

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

cat food boxes really are pretty awesome :)

So what do you do with the crickets? do you let them out? do you leave them in the bag then do something else with them?

rockygrace said...

Tails, yep, I let them out. The kittens chase them until the crickets manage to scamper under something where they can't reach.

I've never had a problem with the crickets, like, overpopulating the house or anything - I guess the crickets bred for reptile feeding aren't as hardy as crickets in the wild.