Thursday, September 29, 2016

Cemetery Cat Update, with an update!



I checked the trap at noon yesterday - no cat.  The woman who owns the cat did call me last night; her family very much wants the cat back, and they went over to the cemetery last night to search for it.  Yay!  They met up with my acquaintance, who was over in the cemetery looking for HER cat (The Cemetery!  Where all the crazy cat people hang out! ha), and they are going to continue to go over in the evenings.  I will continue trapping during the day (I had to go set the trap in the rain this morning - oh joy) (I tarped the trap to keep it dry), and between all of us, we will catch Peaches the Cat if it kills us (which it very well may).

To be continued ...

Update!  A cat was caught in the trap yesterday afternoon!  However, it was neither Peaches the lion cut cat nor my acquaintance's missing cat, but a THIRD cat who evidently belongs to someone in the neighborhood and came over to check out the free food.  Investigations are being made to make sure that Cat #3 does indeed have a home, and trapping and game cam surveillance will continue. 

4 comments:

Random Felines said...

good luck and paws crossed.....glad Peaches has a home to return to

rockygrace said...

RF, if the owner hadn't wanted the cat back, *I* would have found him a home - any cat who's been through what he's been through deserves a nice cushy life! :)

James P. said...

Maybe some catnip in the trap along with the chow?

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

purrs for a successful outcome