Friday, March 06, 2015

Cold Again




Yeah yeah yeah, I know I keep going on and on and ON about the weather, but seriously, we are dealing with some evil sh*t here in the Frozen Northeast.  I woke up this morning and it was fourteen below in the backyard.

Every morning that I wake up and it's below zero YET AGAIN, I think, "Maybe this will be the last one.  Maybe this will be the last night this winter that it goes below zero."

I've thought that A LOT this winter.  It's not doing any good.  Daylight savings time starts Sunday, "official" spring is a couple of weeks away, and my yard is STILL buried in snow.  The driveway is covered with frozen ice ruts.  I'm running a space heater in the garage at night to keep the pipes from freezing.

And just to add insult to injury, turns out that February was the coldest month ever here in my little town.  The average temp was twelve degrees.

Yep, TWELVE.

I think I'll go buy myself a bouquet of flowers this weekend.  I need to see some green.


4 comments:

Mama D said...

Haven't seen grass in my backyard in about 6 weeks, and I'm well south of you. ENOUGH with this winter already!!

rockygrace said...

A-men, Mama D.

fmcgmccllc said...

It is coming your way soon, today it is supposed to hit 40 here. I am doing the happy dance.

rockygrace said...

Dance away, fmcetc.! Right now it's snowing here. Just for a change of pace.