Monday, March 30, 2015

So! The weekend!



There was a lot of this going on, of course:






Mama and babies continue to do well.

On Saturday, I found a faaaaabulous wicker chair at a resale shop.  SOMEONE promptly took it over:


The weather continues to be CRAP but I did manage to get the front gardens netted, and just in time, too, because this morning there was a herd of damn deer grazing in the yard.  (In the wintertime, when there's snow on the ground, they tend to stay down by the creek and in the more heavily wooded areas. Once the snow melts and the grass is showing, they're back in the neighborhood for easy grazing. *sigh*)

On Sunday I was supposed to meet an acquaintance for lunch, but she was a no-show, which ... really?  In this age of cell phones and texting and pm-ing and everything else, I think not showing up to something is just not something that should be done. HARUMPH.

But!  With the extra time, I managed to paint another Bob! Ross! Masterpiece!  Ha.  Not as good as the first one, but still not too shabby if I do say so myself.  *cough*

Museum of Bad Art, here I come!

Now I haz a question:  Where do you stand on the whole not-showing-up thing?  I'm inclined to cross her off the list, so to speak, of potential lunch dates, because it really irked me to be stood up.  Even though she apologized, profusely, afterward, I'm just not inclined to cut a lot of slack to someone I wasn't really friends with to begin with.  Too harsh?  Or justified?  Enquiring minds want to know.




5 comments:

~~Silk said...

It could be a simple case of forgetfulness, especially since there was no call. I'd let it go once. On the next occasion I'd call the day before to verify the time and place.

rockygrace said...

Oh, but she didn't forget! She said time got away from her, and before she knew it, it was already one o'clock and too late to make it to the restaurant. But she didn't bother to call when she realized she wasn't going to make it. I feel like if she can't even give me that consideration, that's not someone I need to bother with. Or am I being too tough?

Mama D said...

I agree with you...that was very inconsiderate and life is too short to spend it with people like that!

fmcgmccllc said...

Her excuse is amazing, if she can't be bothered to keep track of time and call then she is out.

rockygrace said...

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt her behavior left something to be desired.