Friday, March 27, 2015

BABIES!



Six hours old:


One day old:


As I said yesterday, I was NOT expecting babies this soon. I was thinking an April delivery.   I swear, the more I foster, the more these cats surprise me.  "Surprise!  KITTENS!"

Now I know why Honey wasn't eating very much - She didn't have anyplace to PUT it.   I'll tell you what, she is eating like a CHAMPEEN now that those babies are out.






She had the babies on a folded blanket underneath a dresser.  I had plenty of nesting spots set up, and I would have preferred she use one of those, but I don't know if there is a mama cat in the history of mama cats who has ever chosen the "preferred" birthing area.  I'll put fresh bedding under there this weekend.





Mama and babies.  Pretty as a picture.


8 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

oh goodness.. they are adorable. I have a feeling I'm waiting until April for my foster mom to pop hers out..

Random Felines said...

cuteness!!

rockygrace said...

Tails, I could have SWORN we were looking at an April birth for these kittens. Seems like my foster mamas always take FOREVER to pop. Guess Honey decided she wasn't gonna wait that long ... good for her!

All good wishes to you and your foster mama. The waiting is the hardest part ...

rockygrace said...

and Random, yep, it's like cuteness SQUARED. And then they start to mew and my heart explodes. Ha.

Robyn said...

You are KILLING ME. I'm starting to think my mama is NEVER going to give me those kittens!

rockygrace said...

She's just doing it to spite you, Robyn. :)

Colehaus Cats said...

So beautiful! Of course. Ginger mamas always have beautiful babies!

rockygrace said...

Thanks for stopping by, Colehaus! And it's true - orange mamas make pretty kittens. :)