Friday, February 13, 2015

The big meeting



So!  Yesterday I met with the department chairman of the medical information technology program at the local community college to see about going back to school.

And now I'm wondering if I might be better off just taking selected courses applicable to the type of positions I would be applying for, as opposed to going all-in for a degree.

A main problem is that the degree program I am interested in has a mandatory, full-time five week clinical internship, and I do not see myself as being able to swing that, at least not at this point in time.  And the money thing comes into play as well, of course. 

I was musing about this on Facebook last night when a woman I know through rescue volunteering, who works in admissions for the local SUNY campus,  messaged me.  Would I send her my resume?

Why, sure!

Let's see what happens.

Oh, and happy Freaky Friday the Thirteenth, everybody!


No comments: