Saturday, February 28, 2015

In the "it could be worse" department



I was at the hairdresser's this morning, getting my hair cut, and I mentioned that it had been nineteen below outside when I woke up.

"Oh!", she said.  "It was thirty below at my mom's house the other morning!"

Holy Mary Mother of F*CK.

And we're chatting about various stuff, and pretty soon she's talking about the weather again, and she's all, "yeah,  we're gonna get another three to six by Monday morning but it won't go below zero tomorrow blah blah blah ..."

and I realized that I had been kind of zoning out.

"You know," I said, shaking my head to clear the fog, "I ... I don't even know how to react to weather  news  anymore.  You could tell me that icebergs were going to be heading down Route 17 and I'd just nod my head, like, "yep, that's coming up, all right ...""

and we both laughed.

Tomorrow is March 1.  BY GOD AS MY WITNESS, tomorrow is March 1.




2 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

I was stupidly planning to wash my car this week until I checked the weather site. Big Daddy said they can't look any worse, don't worry about it. I am so tired of me, my clothes, my coat, my roller bag, my back seat and everything covered with the white salt crap.

rockygrace said...

I shoveled yesterday morning. I shoveled yesterday afternoon. I slid my way to work this morning, and will have to shovel when I get home. That's it. I QUIT.