Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Locomotion

A few weeks ago, I got an email from a local arts council.  They were looking for submissions for a fundraising show.  The show would be non-juried, meaning no possibility of prize money, but it was a fundraiser for the council, and heck, I hadn't done anything "creative" for a while (short of bullsh*tting clients  on the phone about why my boss hadn't returned their calls yet), so I thought I'd give it a shot.

The catch?  All artwork submitted for the show had to be seven inches square.

 Sh*t!, I thought.  That eliminated me pulling something old off the wall, dusting it off, and sending it in.  I'm pretty sure that's why they popped in that qualifier, come to think of it.

Seven inches square.

I pulled out a piece of foamboard and cut a seven inch square.  I thought about just cutting a photo enlargement down to size, but nobody wants photos.  Too easy.

Collage, I thought.  Also easy, but I wasn't getting paid for this, so whatever. 

I dragged out my boxes of artsy crap and got to work. 


Well, it ain't much, but it got me back in gear again.

3 comments:

Zella said...

I think that's pretty cool actually !

LL Cool Joe said...

Looks like it was fun to do!

rockygrace said...

Thanks, Zella!

And LL, yeah, it was fun to sort through all my old art stuff. It's been a long time since I used Mod Podge!