Thursday, March 07, 2013

... and now I know it is SURELY Spring ...



... because a cardinal was singing outside my bedroom window first thing this morning.

Okay, okay, cardinals don't really sing, they do that swoopy-chirp thing, like little ray guns, "pew!  pew! pew!", but hell, it was a bird making noise, and I haven't heard much of THAT since last summer.  Sure, the cardinals are here all winter, but they only start to sing when Spring is here.

And then!  and then!  On my way out to the car, I could've sworn I heard a red-winged blackbird.

And the daffodils are poking up!  Which means I'd better get the netting back on the garden beds, pronto, before the a**hole deer eat half my flowers, like they did last year.  Jerks.

I think I'll just ignore that pesky weather forecast calling for two to four inches of snow tonight.

How about you?  Is it Spring where you are?

4 comments:

Zella said...

Is it spring where I am ?? Go take a look at the photos I just posted from my walk outside today. Yup, it's spring alright....NOT.
(Well, to be fair, the sun is out, so THAT is our first sign of spring here).

But hey, you enjoy those chirping birdies, good for you :-D

rockygrace said...

Zella, those are great photos. Trust me, by tomorrow, it's probably gonna look like that here.

fmcgmccllc said...

We are on the cusp I would say, today could be the day. Any snow now only lasts for hours and the sun is bright and at that angle where wearing the coat in the car is suffocating.

rockygrace said...

fmcetc., I like the idea of being "on the cusp". That's cool.