Thursday, June 07, 2012

Movie Review: "The Fighter"

"The Fighter" stars Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale. Mark plays a boxer on his (sort-of) way up, and Christian plays his brother, who used to be a contenda but is now a drugged-up mess. It's kind of hard to like Mark Wahlberg after his dick-shittish comments about 9/11. I mean, he's always been kind of a toad, but that just pushed it over the edge. A day after watching The Fighter, I didn't remember how it ended, so meh. Unexpectedly funny in spots. Christian Bale was amazing.

My Nexflix queue is nearing bottom - up next, I've got a doc about Irish jig competitors. Anybody seen anything good lately?

4 comments:

Becs said...

Uhhhh...lately, I'm watching the TV show "Medium". I love the husband on that show so much and the relationship that they have that sometimes it hurts to see the love.

"Life" is another cancelled show that's good.

Also, the Benedict Cumberbatch "Sherlock!"

Domestic Kate said...

I watched Winter's Bone (finally), and it was depressing but good. I also washed Vanishing of the Bees and Forks over Knives (documentaries) that I thought were interesting. I also recently watched a movie called The Visitor that I was wonderful.

My queue is getting low too.

Domestic Kate said...

*that I thought was wonderful.

rockygrace said...

Thanks for the suggestions, Becs.

And Kate, I've seen Winter's Bone, but not the other ones you mentioned - I'll have to look them up. Thanks!