Monday, January 02, 2012

Oh, and 2011? ...

... don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.



I will tell you what, 2o11 just about did me in. I know that there have been harder years, but they were a long time ago and faded in memory. 2011 is just as vivid as can be, unfortunately. I'm just glad it's over. Whew! Over over over. And I've come to the conclusion that emerging from 2011 still hopeful for the future makes me either incredibly resilient or really, really stupid.



So! Did anybody go out and tear it up for New Year's Eve? I quit doing that many, many years ago, when I woke up one New Year's Day and realized that (a) I had no idea how I had gotten home the night before, and (b) I had no idea where my car was.



Lesson learned!



This New Year's Eve, I spent the day in Ithaca.



Here's Buttermilk Falls:










The trails were closed for the winter, but some intrepid souls were going up anyway. Better them than me, is all I've got to say about that.



New Year's morning was bright and sunny, so I headed for Oakley Corners. By the time I was done hiking, things had taken a dark turn:





Ha! talk about Dismal Swamp.



If you had an awful 2011, I hope your 2012 is better. If you had a great 2011, I wish you more of the same for 2012.



Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Birdie said...

I was in bed at 9:30 on New Year's eve. (I had to be up at 6:30.)

I am sooooo cool.

‎,

¸☆´.•´
.•´✶`*.
*.*★v . ✶•´ ☆´,•*´¨★
¸✶.•´¸.•*´✶
☆´¸.•★´ ¸.✶* ☆★
╱◥◣
│∩ │◥███◣ ╱◥███◣
╱◥◣ ◥████◣▓∩▓│∩
│╱◥█◣║∩∩∩ ║◥█▓ ▓█
๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩
۩๑ ӇƛƤƤƳ ƝЄƜ ƳЄƛƦ!﹗๑۩

Becs said...

I am so with you on seeing 2011 out the freakin' door...

rockygrace said...

Birdie, I made it till eleven-thirty ...

and Becs, yeah, 2011 kicked both our asses.

Logical Libby said...

I felt that way about 2006. It still haunts my soul.

C'mon 2012!

rockygrace said...

I'm with you, LL - let's hear it for 12!