Wednesday, January 11, 2012

More Random

Another day, another gigantor check written to the dentist. It's like adding insult to injury - You walk in there of your own free will, they do terrible things to you involving drills and cement and itsy-bitsy rebar and strangers' HANDS in your MOUTH, and then you write them a huge check on the way out the door. I think THEY should be paying ME.

I think the worst job ever would have to be notating the sheet music for Rush songs. Those dudes change times/keys every other beat.

I was watching Miranda Lambert on an old Austin City Limits a while back and she was rocking out in four-inch stilettos. All I could think was "ouch". That's gotta hurt.

In the two-and-a-half years since I bought my place, only one other home in the approximately sixty-house neighborhood has gone on sale. I'm beginning to wonder if I unwittingly bought into a Twilight Zone episode. ("Oh, you'll love it here ... we've been here FOREVER ...")

Evidently this is going to be the year without a winter. It's supposed to drop into the twenties this weekend, and then right back up to the forties next week. I'm so damn glad I could cry.

What's up with YOU? I could use a little distraction from my aching jaw right about now.

5 comments:

~~Silk said...

Aaaaagh! You mentioned the weather! You JINXED IT!

rockygrace said...

Shit, ~~Silk, I'm sorry.

Don't listen to lil ol' me, weather gods. I don't know what I'm talking about - just ask the people who read my blog.

~~Silk said...

Oh, you're forgiven. They'll probably just dump all the crap on you before it gets this far east....

Becs said...

People aren't selling houses now because the people who brought us the real estate mess are saying prices will start to go up again in 2013.

Plus a lot of your neighbors may have decided to retire in place. That seems to be the case with a couple of houses around me.

rockygrace said...

Becs, yeah, I'm surrounded by old folks. "Rocky, someone turned around in your driveway yesterday at 2:15" ...