Monday, February 23, 2009

Twenty-Two

On February 23, 1987, I started a new job. I was a little nervous, for while I had gone to school for this particular vocation, I had never actually done it before. It was a big step up from my previous jobs (cashier, machine-shop worker, burger flipper), and I would be making the princely sum of *gasp!* five dollars an hour, with the promise of a substantial raise if I lasted six months.

I lasted six months. As a matter of fact, as of today, I've lasted twenty-two years here.

Oh, I could tell some stories. Insane co-workers, insane clients, insane job assignments .... the works.

Twenty-two years. Holy cow. Heck, at least it keeps me off the streets. :)

3 comments:

Danger said...

Congrats! That's longer than I've been literate! Woot, woot!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, they pay you a little better now.

Congrats on your 22 years. Other than possibly having the job of mother, I doubt I'll ever work for the same place for two decades. I haven't lived in the same state for more than 7 years, let alone have a job for very long.

rockygrace said...

Thanks for the congrats! I never, ever imagined that I would work this long at one place.