Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Busted!

........... for misappropriation of office supplies.

Last night, my boss stopped by my place to drop off some stuff I had forgotten at the office. We visited for a while, and he excused himself to use the bathroom. When he came back into the living room, he had the oddest smile on his face, and he said, "I couldn't help but notice your toothpaste ............"

"Crap!" I burst out laughing. "Busted!"

You see, I use binder clips from the office to secure the rolled-up ends of the toothpaste tubes. The office that my boss owns. The office for which HE buys all the supplies. The supplies I occasionally take home with me.

"I use them to close up potato chips bags", my boss said, "but I never even thought about using them on toothpaste tubes. Looks like I'll have to take home a few more."

Whew. Good thing he's got a sense of humor.

No comments: