Wednesday, November 07, 2007

This One's For The Gents

Occasionally, I like to wear a necktie to work. Because I am strange. And invariably, at some point in the day, some guy will look at me, pretend like he's choking, grab his neck, and say something along the lines of "God! How can you wear a tie! I can't stand to wear a tie! They choke me! I can't breathe!"

Guys, it's not the tie. It's your shirt.

You see, in order to wear a necktie, you have to button the top button of your shirt. A novel concept for some of you, I know. Bear with me here. If, when you button the top button of your shirt, you get that choking sensation, you need to buy shirts with a bigger neck size.

As hard as it may be for you to believe, you've gained weight over the years. Oh yes you have. You've put on a few pounds. And - ready for this? - your neck has gained weight too. It's time to get rid of those dress shirts you've had since the Reagan administration and buy some that actually fit.

So. Go to wherever it is that you buy your shirts, go up a neck size or two, and give the tie another try. You'll be amazed. Trust me on this one.

This public service announcement brought to you by RockyCat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me? I stick with Hawaiian shirts. Do they even have a top button?

rockygrace said...

Ummm.....I don't know.