Thursday, November 01, 2007

Last Effin' One

I just mailed off my last car payment. Finally! Four years of paying on that piece of crap, and it's finally done! Don't ever buy a Saturn.

That being said, the car has been behaving itself lately. Back in the spring, I was seriously thinking about trading it in (even though I was still paying on it; that's how big a piece of crap this car is), and ever since then it's been running just fine. Well, except for the oil leak. And the squeaky brakes. And the heat shield that fell off. And ...... oh, never mind.

Anyhow, now that it's paid off, I can take that extra money every month and sock it away for my next car's downpayment. Funny how that works, isn't it? It seems I'm always paying on a car, one way or another.

6 comments:

Julie Pippert said...

It feels great, doesn't it? And when I get whiny about the maintenance costs I remind myself it's still less than the cost of a new car, even a downpayment!

Julie
Using My Words

rockygrace said...

Yeah, maybe I should go ahead and get that oil leak fixed now .... nah.

Anonymous said...

No on the Saturn...check! Yay on the pay off...generally I have an accident or a massive engine failure just before payoffs...Thanks for coming to my blog mama! I hope you'll come back? Did you hear that? lol

rockygrace said...

WHAT???? What did you say???

listie said...

Really? We like ours, have over 100,000 miles on it and have had no major problems with it. Go figure. Cars; I hate them.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you just got a dud? I've never had a Saturn so I don't have firsthand experience.

Yes, no car payment feels SO GOOD!