Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The weekend



So!  The weekend.  Flannel sheets on the bed.  Bindi has given up her residence in the (heated) garage and has started coming inside again, now that Talon has vacated the premises.  I don't know why Bindi was terrified of that teeny-tiny kitten, but she was. 

I tried on the gloves that I bought at the tail end of last winter and discovered that they are now too small, which means ... my hands grew?  Is that even possible?  So, a trip to Burlington Coat Factory was in order to pick up new gloves, and of COURSE I found two pairs of shoes that I could not live without, but that's okay because my birthday's coming up, and the total for BOTH pairs of shoes was only twenty bucks, so whatever.  Although I DID have a little twinge as I swiped the credit card.  And while I was there, I got thinking about hats.

Hats.  Burlington Coat Factory sure has some cute hats.  I wear hats all winter long, while I'm outside.  And I like the idea of wearing a hat indoors, but nobody does that anymore, do they?  Would I be a weirdo if I wore a hat inside?  And does it even matter, now that I am part of the invisible, woman-over-fifty crowd?  Is there a subset of the population for which hats are still a thing?  I wanna wear a haaaaaat.

What else?  I still have not chopped up the fallen tree in the backyard, or raked the fallen leaves onto the gardens.  I did get the battery replaced in one of my favorite watches, but the woman running the kiosk tried to short me ten bucks in change, then got snotty when I called her on it, which ... what?  I caught you, honey, do NOT try to run an attitude on me.  Oh, and I finally got the DVD player hooked up in the spare room, so it's time to get my Jillian back on.

I'm so far behind on chores that I've now got a list that just keeps running from one weekend to the next ... some day it'll all get done.  That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.  Well, except cleaning the gutters.  That's probably not gonna happen.







3 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

wear the hat. who cares what other people think..

I used to be a hat person, and I kept getting complements... as an introvert it bugged me so much I stopped wearing them.

Domestic Kate said...

My students often wear their hats indoors (knit hats). I've often wondered if I could get away with being hat person because it would save me a lot of effort on my hair every day. Similarly, I've wondered if I could be a headscarf person.

rockygrace said...

You guys make me want to go get some hats. I think I will.