Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Random


I am falling further behind, here.  Time to play some catch-up.

I get ebola and e-coli mixed up in my head.  Like, WHICH is the one currently killing people in Africa?  Oh yeah, ebola.  Not the other one. 

Found a dead rat underneath the bed  a while back.  I tried my damnedest to convince myself it was something else (a really, really big mouse?  A ... squirrel with a non-furry tail?  Somebody's escaped pet gerbil?), but no, it was a rat.  Gross, cats.  Keep that sh*t outside.

There was an obit in the paper the other day for a Richard "Dick" Harder.  Now THERE's an unfortunate name.

Getting an apology from one of the family asshats is oddly unsatisfying.  It's, like, you could have just not been an asshat in the first place, and saved me a lot of trouble, but if you want to apologize for it now, well ... meh.  No1curr.  You're STILL off the Christmas card list.

Caroline Hax called an uptight dude "just a picnic in pants" in her column the other day, and now I can't help laughing every time I think of it.

There's nothing like the dastardly plank position to make you realize that you really, really need to vacuum the living room rug more often.  Although now that I've got a DVD player in the spare room, I don't think this is going to be a problem anymore.

But I'm getting ready to blame my complete and utter inability to sustain a plank for more than thirty seconds or do more than a few pushups on my long-ago broken shoulder that never healed properly (because I didn't have health insurance at the time and couldn't afford the operation to have it properly set. *cough*).  It has nothing to do with the fact that I am lazy and have no upper-body strength whatsoever; it's all that damn shoulder's fault.  Yeah.  That's the ticket.

I have fallen in love with the-toast.net.  Although it seems like it's kind of a cool-kids club in the comments, the articles are interesting to read.

Oh!  And for some reason I was lying in bed this morning, postponing actually getting UP, when Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas came to mind.  Anybody else remember that show?  When I got to work I looked it up, and it's available on YouTube!  Good times.  "Look at the birds!  Up in the tree!"  Anybody?









4 comments:

James P. said...

I thought about buying Emmett,etc. for my grandsons....but the hardscrabble life that Emmett and his long-suffering mother had kind of ruins the spirit of it for me.

rockygrace said...

So I suppose buying them Bambi is out of the question ... :)

James P. said...

Their father brought that one home when the first one was an infant......said something about starting emotional scarring early. (Don't worry; it's the wacky fun family.)

rockygrace said...

ALL Disney films feature horrifying/terrifying scenes ... I guess ol' Walt had some issues.