Friday, August 15, 2014

Random




The only time I clean my desk at work is when I spill a soda all over it.

I was exhausted at work the other day, so I bought some of that five-hour-energy stuff at lunch.  Sadly, I was as tired in the afternoon as I was in the morning, so save your money.

I really like that show "Leah Remini:  It's All Relative".  I think the entire family is adorable.  However, I spend way too much time contemplating Ms. Remini's eyebrows.  They. Never. Move.  I think she's probably had so much Botox that they CAN'T move, but it's oddly disconcerting.  Especially since she has to resort to mugging like Lucille Ball in order to show any emotion, because the eyebrows ain't movin'.  Weird.

Current bumperstickers:  "Foster Parent" (BO-ring), Flying Spaghetti Monster emblem (meh), and "Things Just Haven't Been the Same Since That House Fell on My Sister" (ding ding ding we have a winner!)

I am going for a haircut tomorrow at 10 a.m.  I'm still debating what to have done.  I think continuing with the blond highlights is pretty much off the table; I don't have the time or the money for the maintenance required.   I'm thinking of going with a bright auburn or caramel color, which won't require as much upkeep, and hopefully getting my butt in for cuts on a more regular basis.  (Taking your advice, Kris!)

How does a room without a roof feel?  How can a room even have feelings?  And if I was a room, and suddenly lost my roof, I can imagine feeling a little disconcerted, to say the least.  Not necessarily happy.

I was out in the front gardens last night after work, screwing around, when I looked down and realized that I was wearing
GASP
socks with sandals.
whaaaaaaaaa?
Yeah, I have no idea how that happened.  I was just as horrified as you all are. 
and worse, they weren't even really sandal-sandals.  They were fluffy poolside-type sandals.  I KNOW.  Next thing you know, I'll be out there in a damn housedress or something.

I need for some new foods to be invented.  I'm tired of eating the same stuff all of the time. 


How about you guys?  Got any random?



6 comments:

~~Silk said...

Ms Remini's cheeks don't move, either.

And yeah, I find myself yearning for something different food-wise, too. Something creamy, I think.

Mama D said...

I've had exactly the same thought about rooms and roofs! And my randomness for the day: a bumper sticker that said "My truck was made with wrenches, not chopsticks." ;)

fmcgmccllc said...

Posting today on Random. I have some plastic sandals I got in China (they look like real sandals from a distance)and I keep them by the back door to wear outside. The other day and I put them on and started slip sliding around and thought WTF, looked down and I had my work socks on. I thought what a doofus, socks with sandals, take those off woman.

rockygrace said...

~~Silk, I think I need to start experimenting with fish. I hardly ever eat it, and I don't know why.

Mama D, I get the feeling that the person driving that truck and I probably don't have a lot in common. Let me guess: The truck had a set of truck balls, as well. :)

and fmcetc., glad I'm not the only one who somehow sock-sandaled.

James P. said...

I'm a little worried about all of us.

About being sleepy at work: The best idea I've heard for the problem of being caught by someone while you are face-down, snoozing on your desk is to raise up while saying, "....In Jesus' name, Amen."

rockygrace said...

hahaha love that, Ginny.