Wednesday, August 27, 2014

How much concrete does it TAKE?!



So, I'm having a contractor put up some privacy fencing between me and my a**hole neighbors and their sonofab*tch dog.  Yay! He called me at work and said he had bought the concrete to set the posts; he wanted to know if he could drop the bags of concrete mix off at my place.

Sure, I said, doing a little fist pump at the idea of this fence being one step closer to completion.

I got home to find sixteen, eighty-pound-bags of Quikrete in my garage.  I am having four 8-foot fence panels installed, which means that five posts will need to be set.  With SIXTEEN BAGS of concrete, evidently.

Wow.  That's gonna be one sturdy fence.

2 comments:

spiffikisn said...

I am not experienced in concrete, but that seems like a LOT of concrete.

Reminds me - when I came home from college one summer, we had a WEEK of entertainment watching our neighbour build a fence between his yard and ours. He was a police officer, (actually eventually became the police chief) but he was NOT a 'handy' man.

We watched those fence panels go up, and fall down, SO MANY TIMES in that week.

Hopefully yours goes up much more smoothly!

rockygrace said...

Ha, spiffikins, I HOPE my guys know what they're doing! In any event, I'm pretty sure they've got enough concrete ...