Friday, March 14, 2014

Leggings are not PANTS



I wear tights to work pretty much all winter long, in an effort to keep from freezing to death.  I work with men, whom I am convinced would b*tch about it being too hot if we were all working in an igloo.  Thus?  I bundle up.

I've never worn leggings, though.  I actually kind of have a thing against leggings, because of all the women I see out and about wearing them in lieu of pants.

LEGGINGS ARE NOT AN ACCEPTABLE SUBSTITUTE FOR PANTS.

I saw a lot, a LOT of this when I volunteered at Petsmart - Women strolling in with a winter parka, ugg boots and leggings.

NO.

Leggings are supposed to go UNDER something, like a dress or a damn SKIRT.  UNDER.  Not INSTEAD OF.

Wow.  Can you tell I feel strongly about this?

So no.  No leggings for me.

And then.  I was in the Coat Factory the other day, and I saw a rack of leggings.

Pretty leggings.  Leggings with floral patterns, and oh, they were cuuuuuuuute.






Yes.  I succumbed.  I succumbed to the Call of the Leggings.

But!  Please see that I am wearing them WITH a skirt.  The way God intended.  (And no, that skirt is not anywhere NEAR as short as it appears in that pic.  It was the photo angle that makes it look like I'm wearing a miniskirt.  I am not.)

And rest assured, I will never, ever wear leggings INSTEAD of a skirt. or a dress. or pants.

'Cause that sh*t just ain't right.

7 comments:

Zella said...

Dunno 'bout them leggings, but girl, you've got LEGS. Lucky bitch.

rockygrace said...

Ha, Zella, if I had known that floral prints would make my legs look thinner, I would have started wearing them YEARS ago.

bridgett said...

How about under a really long sweater, a la Demi Moore in the mid-1980s? My kid thinks she invented that look, LOL. However, she also says "girls who wear leggings as pants look like they have gone out in their longjohns."

rockygrace said...

Well, a really long sweater could easily pass as a sweater DRESS, so I say sure.

And I agree with the longjohns comment. Absolutely.

Becs said...

It's a big fad where I work and I tell you I am tired, very tired, of seeing butt cracks, even lined with jersey knit cotton.

James P. said...

These leggings are beautiful.....I love tea rose stuff. However, I can't be sure that you aren't just taking this opportunity to SHOW OFF since some of us (ahem) couldn't get that apparel on our big toe...........Ginny

rockygrace said...

Becs, that just gives me the shivers.

and Ginny, I love my legs. I can't deny it. Sadly, they're courtesy of the C-diff Diet (patent pending), so I can't really take credit. Would it make you feel better to know that I have a face that scares small children?