Monday, March 31, 2014

Dear Snow: What. dafuq. already.


Saturday, I went for a walk.  We had had a warm (HA!  Mid-forties. WARM. Sh*t.) few days, so I figured that most of the snow would be off the trails.






Yeah.

My boots were so wet I was sloshing by the time I got back to the car.  Good times.

But!  Saturday night was the trivia fundraiser, and that WAS fun.  One lucky member of our group won the best prize of the night, hands down:




Screw the cash, give us the booze.

After the first round, we were in third.  After the second round, we were in eighth (out of twenty teams) with no statistical chance of winning, so we bet it all and lost on a stupid, STUPID question about playing cards.

Sunday I took Sodapop to the vet for his annual checkup, and I really timed this whole cat-vet thing wrong, because having THREE cats who are ALL due for their annual vaccinations at the SAME time of year is a massive pain in the a**. 

And then I made sausage with peppers and onions for dinner and now my whole house reeks of onions, and tell me, is this an aging thing?  This whole sensitivity-to-smells thing?  Because I don't LIKE it.

And then?  And then?  Just for a change of pace?  It SNOWED.

You're shocked, I know.  Tell me that it's nice and warm where you are.  Please?













7 comments:

Robyn said...

We take one cat per month to the vet. 12 cats, 12 months, it works perfectly in theory, but we still seem to be at the vet's office every couple of weeks due to extra "This cat doesn't look right" visits that we have to make.

It's 70 and sunny here right now. Hang in there, spring has to mosey along sooner or later! :)

Mama D said...

What did you end up naming your trivia team? Inquiring minds want to know.

Spring has arrived here, blessedly. Still chilly but no more snow and the grass changed from brown to green just this past weekend. The is hope for you!!!

rockygrace said...

Robyn, obviously, you have your timing right! And 70 sounds like heaven, right about now.

Mama D, we stuck with Altered All Stars, although seeing as how the DJ had to announce all the team names several times, it would have been fun to go with ~~Silk's idea of "Phantasmagorical Phlea Phighters". If we go to another one, we should call ourselves the Supercalifragilisticexpealadocious Antidisestablishmentarians. Because I'm mean like that.

and I am glad to hear a report of green grass!

spiffikins said...

We're having rainstorms the past few days - so it's not super warm - but we *need* the rain desperately so I'm happy for it.

Don't have to shovel it though :)

Becs said...

It snowed on my way to work yesterday but it was 60 by the time I left.

fmcgmccllc said...

Here in the Big D we were almost 60 and sunny for the Tiger's Opening Day. Supposed to be above freezing the rest of the week, we will see.

rockygrace said...

Looks like things are warming up all over, guys. Thank you for the weather updates!

Like spiffikins said, even if it's raining, at least you don't have to shovel it.