Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It ain't what you know ...



Okay, so,  I'm watching The Voice tonight, and two things strike me about this competition.

a.  Already, this early on, some really talented singers are getting eliminated.  Unlike on American Idol, where most of the season is spent weeding out the chaff,  The Voice has an advantage , talent-wise, because the show allows in the pros.

b.  It really is "who you know".  Why some of these contestants, who are spectacularly talented, toil in the shadows while auto-tuned dipsh*ts like Miley Cyrus rake in the bucks, is proof that the world is not fair.

Gotta go - They're about to do "Cold as Ice", which is evoking MASSIVE teenage memories.  (you know that you are ... cold ... as ... ice... AS COLD AS ICE TO MEEEEEEEEEE)




1 comment:

Domestic Kate said...

I like The Voice because the contestants aren't ridiculed and it really does seem to be about actual talent. I find myself saying, "I'm so glad they aren't just picking the pretty people!" Then again, the winners all tend to be the pretty people.