Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Random



So, I know I talked the other day about being happy despite the cold, but you know what?  I've discovered that it's a whole lot easier to be happy when it's not below zero outside.  When I got up this morning, it was 18 degrees outside, positive eighteen degrees, and I was practically grinning.

Pony had to go to the vet last night for a recheck on his pinkeye, and at this point it's amusing me to call him Bob Costas, although I don't think that he's amused, and I doubt that Bob would be amused if he knew.  The vet says things are looking better, although I have to continue with the pinkeye drops until they run out, which, judging by the amount left in the bottle after the first two weeks of treatment, ought to happen around May or so.  But!  Pony is a trouper, even though he does tend to run and hide when he sees me coming lately, which is not exactly an ego booster, although the two ferals have been running away from me for months, so I really should have a thicker skin by now. 

Olympics!  Is anyone watching them?  I try to get interested, I really do, but it's just ... like ... take ski jumping, for example.  A dude comes down the hill, flies off the ramp, goes really far in the air, and lands.  Then another guy comes down the hill, flies off the ramp, goes really far in the air, and lands.  Then another guy ... you get my point.  Oh, sure, there's the occasional wipeout thrown in, but isn't that like watching NASCAR for the crashes?  I mean, a lot of people do that, too, but it's just not my thing, is all.

I finally got around to watching Les Miserables, the 2012 version, and all I can say is, couldn't they have given poor Jean ValJean a girlfriend?  I mean, the dude never caught a damn break his entire life - did Mr. Hugo really have to make him celibate, too?  It just seems a little much.  And yeah, Anne Hathaway or whatever her name is acted her little heart out, and I actually cried through more of the movie than I would care to admit, which ... I thought musicals were supposed to make you happy.  But!  I enjoyed it, and I'll probably watch it again to catch the stuff I missed, because two-and-a-half hours of anything is hard for me to pay attention through, so I'll hang onto the Netflix for a while.

I got in a rather heated argument with a co-worker the other day, which, all I can say is, the entitled little sh*t had it coming, but still, the f-bomb was probably not my wisest choice of words, although my boss did everything short of shake my hand afterward, so I think my job is secure.

And!  My boss, who is a conservative white old man, has been taken great pleasure in telling the employees that thanks to Obamacare (spoken with a sneer), we would have to start reporting our employer-paid insurance premiums as taxable income, so it I was glad to be able to find the time to do a little actual, you know, research the other day and prove him wrong.  Stop listening to your conservative white old man friends, Mr. Bossman.  They don't know jack.

So!  That's what I've been doing.  How about you?




4 comments:

~~Silk said...

I've been playing Whack-a-Mole. Right now I'm on a callback queue with Social Security to get them to correct THEIR mistake that might delay my March check. It took three "please call back later" calls just to get onto the callback queue.

rockygrace said...

~~Silk, hopefully you're off the phone by now.

fmcgmccllc said...

Yepper, 40 degrees here today and I am thinking of wearing shorts. And I do not own shorts.

rockygrace said...

fmcetc, aren't lowered expectations grand? If I somehow ended up in Bermuda tonight, I'd probably die of happiness.