Friday, February 28, 2014

My neck of the woods



I guess I'm the only one who wasn't amused by that viral video of middle-school kids wiping out on an icy sidewalk.  All I could think was, "Why isn't the guy filming this helping those kids?"

Similarly, there are currently several local Craigslist postings from people seeking to rehome their pets because their kids "play too rough" with them.  Why don't they teach their kids how to be kind to animals?

Churlish.  Churlish is what I'm feeling.  Must be the weather.  Seven below this morning.  Can't I just fast-forward through the next couple of weeks?  I swear, if I had someone to watch the cats, I'd be hopping on a plane and heading South RIGHT NOW.  It's been a few days since the local airports have been closed due to blizzards, so I'd actually have a chance of making it.

Every time I see a pair of shoes in a store ad and think, "OooOOOoooh, cuuuuute!," it turns out they're kids' shoes.  *I* want a pair of Mary Janes with rainbow sequins, dammit.

I am on Butter Watch at work.  I can't say anything more about it right now, but I'll let you know how it turns out.

Foster Bindi is starting to come around.  She is definitely a tortie, in that she can only handle so much attention before she flips out, but her "flip-outs" consist of yelping and running away. I've fostered torties in the past whose "flip-outs" involved teeth and claws, so Bindi is doing fine by me.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss my Jillian workouts.  I really need to get back into that.  And no, it doesn't have anything to do with Butter Watch.

Why is the buffest guy on Survivor on the "Brains" team?  Is he an astronaut or something?  I don't get it.

I'm betting that the daffodils are starting to poke up through the garden soil right now.  I just don't feel like shoveling the snow off to find out.

How about you?  What's going on in your neck of the woods?


No comments: