Monday, February 24, 2014

Chocolate Raspberry Cake



So, I went to the bakery outlet yesterday to pick up some bagels and walked out with a chocolate raspberry cake.  I don't know why Entenmann's has it in for me.  I actually had a dream last night (I know, I KNOW) that all of my jeans fit really, really tight, which will come true shortly if I don't lay off the cake.

And in other Sunday news, I was lying in bed yesterday morning, looking out the window and contemplating maybe sort of rolling out of bed, when I saw Soda go darting past the bedroom door with something rather ... large ... hanging of his mouth.

Yes, I'm out of bed NOW, Soda, thankyouverymuch.

It was a mole.  A BIG mole, and still very much alive, which was proven when Soda promptly dropped it and it went scurrying off, causing a mad dash as the cats went after the mole and I went after the critter container so I could scoop it up.

(The critter container is just a Cool Whip tub with a piece of cardboard to put on the top.  I keep it in an easy-to-reach spot in the kitchen to deal with the unending number of small animals that my cats insist on bringing in through the pet door.)

So!  I went from lazily dozing to full-on animal control mode in about thirty seconds.  *sigh*  But the mole was captured, and appeared to be in fine spirits, considering, so I took him out back and released him into the brush.

And in other cat news, I was gifted a giant lion statue (by someone who couldn't bear to put it out to the curb.  Yeah, my home is decorated in Early American Curb.).

Cats, meet your new overlord:


I'm thinking that I'll put him out in the garden with Mr. Z. come spring, and then all I'll need is a statue of Marlon Perkins and I can recreate classic Wild Kingdom episodes right in the front yard.

Yeah, my neighbors love me.

Oh, and I have to admit to being a little befuddled by the Amazing Race last night, when one of the contestants had to drop out due to illness, and they pulled another contestant out of thin air to replace him.  I don't know if she was, like, literally waiting in the wings, or if she got a phone call from the producers along the lines of "Get your butt out to L.A. right now and you can be on the show!", but, well ... don't any of these people have jobs?  How are all of these people available to just drop everything and go fly around the world?

I guess I'm just jealous.


Although, I don't know.  I'd only do the show if they skipped all the tightrope-walking and eating-five-pounds-of-haggis stunts, so I don't guess I'll be on there any time soon.


6 comments:

James P. said...

Certainly don't want to hurt your feelings with any opinions of your new lion statue.....but can't help noticing his claws are all red. (From a recent kill, maybe?) "Early American Curb" is a super-clever expression....Is it original with you (hope so)?

Our main impression of Marlon Perkins: "I'll wait in the safety of the helicopter/jeep/boat while Jim (Fowler) investigates blah blah blah...."

And, by golly, when your blog readers find out who is forcing you to watch those TV shows that you find to be low-quality, then we'll be dispatching a group of thugs to take care of the perpetrator(s)!

rockygrace said...

Ginny, I hereby trademark "Early American Curb" in the name of Rockycat. Ha.

and yeah, ol' Jim got the short end of the stick on that show.



~~Silk said...

Re: The Amazing Race, there's a bunch of us who hang out at Jackie's Place while we watch the shows (TAR, Survivor, Big Brother). One of the folks used to work on TAR and other reality shows. She says they always have a backup team waiting in the wings for just this kind of thing. The woman who swooped in when the hillbilly had to drop out had been on the show once before and was packed and ready to go (probably hoping that someone would drop dead or something).

[Jackie's Place: http://jackiestvblog.blogspot.com ]

rockygrace said...

~~Silk, thanks for the inside dirt!

rockygrace said...

p.s. I just bookmarked that blog - maybe I'll see you over there.

~~Silk said...

Jackie will be following Survivor tonight. I'll be there, but I rarely comment. I can't watch TV and type at the same time. (...even though she turns captcha off during the shows.)