Friday, February 07, 2014

Foster update



Now that the fosters are out and about, they've decided that the new cat condo is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Pretty Callie:



And Bindi, giving me the ol' side-eye:



While Bindi does have some tortie-tude going on, she is absolutely the more tolerant of people of the two of them.  I'll have to get some better shots of her coat; if you adopted her, you'd be getting an orange tabby, a black cat, AND a white cat, all in one compact package.

The permacats are fine with the fosters; they're used to having other cats in the house.  Five cats IS an awful lot of cats, though, and I AM rather badly outnumbered should a mutiny occur.  Fortunately, as the only one in the household with opposable thumbs, they need me to open the cat food cans, so I think I'm safe for now.






2 comments:

James P. said...

When my son lived in a small house at a vineyard/winery here in Virginia, he had a pact with his dog and four cats: If one of them should die, the others would not eat the deceased. Only makes sense to have something like that in place.

The photo of Callie calling "dibs" here is calendar-worthy.....really beautiful.

Ginny

rockygrace said...

Ginny, I once heard that it's fairly common for pets to eat their deceased owners. Since they can't open the pet food cans and all.

And Callie is a pretty gal, isn't she? I think I'll call her Cat Condo Callie, the Vamp of the Valley.

Which only works, of course, if you're old enough to remember Hard Hearted Hannah.